Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Close your eyes and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you.


Guitar Hero makes me smile even when he is gone!
I just got off the phone with him
and he started talking about a song he use to sing to me
when we first started hanging out
close your eyes and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you
(It's a Beatles song in case you didn't know)

Anyways, I started smiling because it made me think
of the time we were on a Farris wheel
and he started to sing to stop me from crying.

Let me explain...
back when me and guitar hero first started hanging out
I would come to his shows to see him
(since we lived in two different states
and he was always on the road it was the only
way we got to spend time to with each other)
and at one of his shows we were at
they had a Farris wheel...
be begged and begged me to get on
but I was too scared.
I'm afraid of heights.

So, I told him if he went to Dollywood with me
over the Christmas holidays (remind you this is June I told him this)
I would
get on the Farris wheel with him there
(my way of letting him know I had plans to see him in the future)

Well, the holidays came
and by this time I was living in the same state
and we were seeing each other.
So, we went to Dollywood (like I do every year for the holidays)
and he reminded me of the promise about riding the
Farris wheel I had made back in June.
I could not believe it!
I never back down from a promise

so, there we were
on top of the Farris wheel
and me in tears.
He felt so awful for actually making
me go trough with my promise
that he started to sing to calm me down.
"close your eyes and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you"
My heart sank
then he went on to sing to me
the song he co-wrote
He took away all my fears in that little moment
and every time I look
at a Farris wheel I begin to smile
and play to tunes in my head.

I love you guitar hero
for making my life fear free and for loving me the way you.
So until you return home to me...
"close your eyes and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you.


(image found here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...