Thursday, March 25, 2010

and just like that I wasn't playing house anymore, it was my real life.

Did you ever wake up one morning
and wonder when did I grow up?

This happens to me very often and it happened again yesterday...
While buying a spring wreath for our front door
I began to wonder when I became this women who bought wreaths for her house,
who starts fusing if you leave your dirty dishes laying out, who makes honey-do list for guitar hero when he gets home... and then nags at him till he get's it done, who is planning meals in her head when I go to the grocery store instead of just buying junk food, seriously... when did I grow up?

I never thought I would be the women I am today... at all. In fact, if you would have told me this
2 years ago I would have laughed in your face. Because, all those things I just mentioned above I kind of enjoy (well expect for the fusing and nagging) but I like buying wreaths for the front door, and planning meals, I enjoy doing laundry (expect for putting the clothes away), and I am really excited about learning how to garden this summer. Now, don't get me wrong being grown up does have it's down sides.. bills, bills, bills,
o, yeah and car breaking down (can't forget that one)
but really all those times I saw my mother cleaning, cooking meals, and working outside in the yard I use to think I don't want to grow up and be like that. I don't want to have to spend my "fun" money on decor for the house and cleaning supplies. But to be honest I feel accomplished for all the things I do in a day for our house and for my guitar hero. That's the joy of being a women... you feel needed by your man. Just like you need your man to open those jars, reach for high things, and to kill those gross bugs... right ladies? I guess my point is, being a grown up isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...