Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
I have some exciting news everyone. I have been teaming up with sweet Carrie over from [carrotspeak] on making a special blog just for the book club. So, starting Oct. 1st we will be doing the book club on blog called page turners even if you don't want to join the book club I highly recommend checking it out. Carrie did such a wonderful job putting it together. We already have the first book picked at for Oct... and let me tell you it's perfect for Halloween time. Also, there is a poll where you can vote ahead for books to read in the following months. So, if you don't want to read the book this month maybe the next months book will strike your fancy.
Also, check out Carrie's blog... if you like mine at all you will love hers. She is engaged to a solider who just left for Germany yesterday so, I guess you can say we have a lot in common when it comes to being left behind.
And for those of you who are waiting to chat about eat, pray, love we will be doing it tomorrow on this blog still...
Monday, September 28, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Last night I got tagged by a good friend of mine over at A moment I Treasure
(if you have not read her blog you must go there now!!...
or after you read this.
She is wonderful, and can always bring a smile to my face with her post)
She asked me to tell 10 things you may not know about me.
So, here it goes...
1. I prefer flat coke then fresh coke
2. I am not a shoe fan... I much rather be bare foot then anything
3. My dream job would be playing a Disney princess at Disney world
4. I like pizza in the morning
5. I am huge Dolly Parton fan... in fact she was one of the best concerts I ever went to.
6. I do not like any shows to do with crime, even the news. I am such a paranoid person when it comes to that stuff.
7. I have two tattoos one of my hip and one on my upper back.
8. My mom is my best friend! We talk everyday and I can seriously tell her anything.
9. I have obsession with purses, bags, and suitcases
10. The only piece of jewelry I ever wear (expect special occasion) is the birthstone my dad got me years, and years ago.... I NEVER take it off.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Also, Thank you so much for all your sweet birthday wishes! I have never felt so much love. You all are wonderful and I am proud to call you all friends!
(image found here)
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Happy Birthday to ME, Happy Birthday to ME, Happy Brithday Dear ME... Happy Brithday toooooooo MEEEEEE
1. I want to visit another country.
2. I want to find me and guitar hero's dream house
3. I want to become an awesome aunt
4. I want to send in some of my children's stories.
5. I want to take a vacation with my family
6. I want to learn to cook really healthy and yummy food
7. I want to throw a dinner a party to show of my new talents
8. I want to go in a hot air balloon
9. I want to find a really great red coat
10. I want to write more letters
11. I want to write a song with my guitar hero
12. I want to continue to blog on an (almost) daily basis
13. I still want to say and hear I love you everyday to guitar hero
14. I want to learn something new (sign language, self defenses, sewing) just anything new
15. I want to give back to the community... maybe volunteering with animals
16. I want to do more antique shopping
17. I want to carve pumpkins, go find the perfect Christmas tree, bake cookies ALL with my guitar hero this year!!!! (that's right guitar hero you have to do this with me ... even though I know you will)
18. I want to go watch a movie in the park (something they have in Nashville and I am just now learning about it)
19. I want to spend lots more time with my brother and sister this year... I just hate they live in two different states.
20. I want to take daily walks with my guitar hero (because he wants to...)
21. I want to enjoy each day to the fullest.
22. I want to take time and enjoy little things and be more "green"
23. I want to learn to be so non- materialistic (even if this means turning of my cell and computer for a day)
24. I want to enjoy being 24... because I'm only that age once!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Do you any of you hear a sound and it take you back to a special place or maybe it's a scent? Well, I do... the sound of a train takes me back to when I was a little girl and when I use to stay with my grandparents. They use to have a train track right in front of there house and I am not kidding when I say that their was probably 20 trains that went thru a day. So, this morning when I heard a train I just couldn't help but smile from being reminded of the days when I was little and use to stay with my grandparents... (sigh) such a wonderful sound a train makes.
By the way do you any of you happen to know any great overnight train vacations to take... that is one thing me and guitar hero are searching to do.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
This post is so ironic. Lately, me and Guitar hero have been talking about building a dream home (but doesn't everyone). We like talking about the type of things we would want, him: a music studio in the backyard, Me: a huge kitchen with a LOTS of counter space, a real fireplace, a claw foot bathtub... yeah my list goes on. But, yesterday while we were at dinner I was telling him about my dream home I had designed when I was back in middle school and how it had an open space in the middle of the house where I would put a stone waterfall pool... and no kidding I was surfing the Internet today and found the house I had designed years ago. Can you believe it? I still have my floor plan for the house I designed... I am going to have to scan just to show you this person has seriously built my dream home.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
(Image found on le love)
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Can anyone tell me which Disney movie my blog title A "Cheery" Disposition came from?
Saturday, September 5, 2009
I started to realize that we do not have many pictures, or stories of us together to share to our children/grandchildren being that is his gone so much. So, to make up for that we have decided to write to each other everday he is on the road (do you like how I said "we" when you know I meant "I" ... but he kindly agreed to do it with me... so I can say we)
This way when we are old we can look back at them with our children/grandchildren and remember how hard it was being away from each other but how our love still grew everyday we were apart.
Do any of you lovebirds write love letters to each other?
Reminder: This month's book is eat, pray, love
Friday, September 4, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
It's that time again to pick our book for the book club. It's been so fun to read these books with you guys. I have a had a few recommendations all ready but I am going to be fair and let everyone have a say in it. So, if you have a book that you want us to read let me know. I will decided tomorrow which book we will be reading for the month of September.
P.S. Life is wonderful with guitar hero home.
(Image found here)